I believe we must always get ourselves some honey bee details, in spite of everything so many therapeutic and health-promoting alternatives for the people start with this little busy creature. As you learn the next 20 statements about honey’s nice creator, you can be so intrigued similar to me by this teensy-weensy fellow’s extraordinary skills.
1. The honey bee has been round for 30 million years.
2. It’s the solely insect that produces meals eaten by man.
3. Honey bees are environmentally pleasant and are important as pollinators.
4. They’re bugs with a scientific title – Apis mellifera.
5. They’ve 6 legs, 2 eyes, and a pair of wings, a nectar pouch, and a abdomen.
6. The honeybee’s wings stroke 11,400 occasions per minute, thus making their distinctive buzz.
7. A honey bee can fly for as much as six miles, and as quick as 15 miles per hour, therefore it must fly round 90,000 miles – thrice across the globe – to make one pound of honey.
8. The common honey bee will really make just one twelfth of a teaspoon of honey in its lifetime.
9. It takes about 556 employees to collect 1 pound of honey from about 2 million flowers.
10. It takes one ounce of honey to gasoline a bee’s flight around the globe.
11. A honey bee visits 50 to 100 flowers throughout a group journey.
12. A colony of bees consists of 20,000-60,000 honeybees and one queen.
13. Employee honey bees are feminine, reside 6 to eight weeks and do all of the work.
14. The queen bee lives for about 2-3 years and is the one bee that lays eggs. She is the busiest in the summertime months, when the hive must be at its most power, and lays as much as 2500 eggs per day.
15. The male honey bees are known as drones, they usually do no work in any respect, haven’t any stinger, all they do is mating.
16. Every honey bee colony has a singular odour for members’ identification.
17. Solely employee bees sting, and provided that they really feel threatened they usually die as soon as they sting. Queens have a stinger, however do not go away the hive to assist defend it.
18. It’s estimated that 1100 honey bee stings are required to be deadly.
19. Honey bees talk with each other by “dancing”.
20. Throughout winter, honey bees feed on the honey they collected throughout the hotter months. They kind a good cluster of their hive to maintain the queen and themselves heat.
My most memorable honey bee truth is No 19: Honey bees talk with each other by “dancing”. And essentially the most unbelievable to me is No 2: It’s the solely insect that produces edible meals for man!